Research Assistant (Post-Doc), salary grade E13 TV-L
(under the reserve that grants are funded. Part-time employment may be possible)
Faculty IV – Institute of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science / Cluster of Excellence: Science of Intelligence
Reference number: SCIoI-413/20 (starting at the earliest possible / for 2 years / closing date for applications 07/08/20). Click here for the official job advertisement on the TU website.
The Technische Universität Berlin invites applications for a Postdoc position for the Cluster of Excellence “Science of Intelligence”.
What are the principles of intelligence, shared by all forms of intelligence, no matter whether artificial or biological, whether robot, computer program, human, or animal? And how can we apply these principles to create intelligent technology?
Answering these questions – in an ethically responsible way – is the central scientific objective of the new Cluster of Excellence Science of Intelligence (https://www.scioi.de), where researchers from a large number of analytic and synthetic disciplines – artificial intelligence, machine learning, control, robotics, computer vision, behavioural biology, psychology, educational science, neuroscience, and philosophy – join forces to create a multi-disciplinary research program across universities and research institutes in Berlin. Interdisciplinary research projects have been defined (https://www.scienceofintelligence.de/research/projects), which combine analytic and synthetic research and which address key aspects of individual, social, and collective intelligence.
Support for synthetic research
- Participation in interdisciplinary research projects on intelligence research in the context of the Cluster of Excellence “Science of Intelligence”
- Support of such research projects through the development of software tool/libraries, experimental designs/apparatus, or conduction of experiments with humans, mice, or fish
- Research collaboration with scientists from disciplines like psychology, neuroscience, behavioral biology, educational science, and philosophy
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Applicants should hold a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- They should have proven skills/background in following topics:
o Robotics, computer vision, machine learning, artificial intelligence, control, or similar fields
o Software engineering
o Project management
o Electronic circuit design (optional)
- High level of personal initiative in conducting research projects in an interdisciplinary environment
- Very good English language skills; German language proficiency or the willingness to learn it is an advantage
- Willingness to participate in several research projects at a time to a degree that warrants co-authorship of research publications
Candidates should upload their application preferably via the portal https://scienceofintelligence.de/jobs quoting the reference number in order to receive full consideration. For any questions please contact Prof. Dr. Oliver Brock (firstname.lastname@example.org and +49 30 314 73110).
Applications should include: motivation letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts of records (for both BSc and MSc), copies of degree certificates (BSc, MSc, PhD), abstracts of Bachelor-, Master- and PhD-thesis, list of publications and one selected manuscript (if applicable), two names of qualified persons who are willing to provide references, and any documents candidates feel may help us assess their competence.
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guarantee for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file.
Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at TU website quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Technische Universität Berlin – Der Präsident – Fakultät IV,
Exzellenzcluster Science of Intelligence, Prof. Dr. Oliver Brock,
Sekr. SCIoI, Marchstraße 23, 10587 Berlin
The vacancy is also available on the internet at http://www.personalabteilung.tu-berlin.de/menue/jobs/Faculty IV – Institute of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science / Cluster of Excellence: Science of Intelligence