– explicitly describe how you fit to SCIoI and why you have applied to an interdisciplinary cluster such as SCIoI. What added value do you expect to find at SCIoI as opposed to monodisciplinary studies?
– describe how you can use your prior experience in the position you are applying for
– describe both the skills you already have for the position and the skills you want to acquire during your phd/postdoc
– if your experience does not match the desired background for the position, explain why you want to switch fields
– try to write an application that is as specific as possible for your project within SCIoI, and avoid making it sound like a general application
Make sure you send in your application before the deadline, and good luck!