Postdoctoral Project: Ethics of responsible design in robotics and AI
Part of research project: Ethics of intelligence
Description of the post-doctoral project
The project focuses on the ethical implications of (future) outcomes of research of the cluster of excellence “Science of Intelligence” as the object of investigation. Its aim are an ethic and tool kit of responsible design in robotics and AI to be developed in close interaction with the researchers of the cluster. The project will employ methods of conceptual analysis, philosophical discourse analysis, expert interviews, stakeholder workshops and vision assessment. The project will closely collaborate with the Berlin Forum of Integrative Science and Technology Studies for measures of stakeholder involvement, public engagement, and science education.
Project start date: October 1, 2019
Applicants should hold a PhD in Philosophy, Sociology or related fields. She/he should have proven skills/background in following topics:
- Philosophy/Sociology of technology
- Methods of philosophical conceptual analysis
- Experience with methods of technology assessment such as vision assessment, foresight analysis, scenario techniques etc. is an advantage.
- Experience in conducting expert interviews, focus group discussions, citizen’s conferences is an advantage
- Research experience in the field of Robotics and AI is an advantage
- Background in an engineering science or a natural science is an advantage
- The research data require English language proficiency; German language proficiency is an advantage