Postdoctoral Project: A comparative analysis of research prototypes as epistemic objects in intelligence research
Part of research project: Methodology of the synthetic approach
Description of the postdoctoral project
The project focuses on comparative analyses of the use of research prototypes such as robots or software simulations for scientific knowledge production in the field of intelligence research. Subject of the research are research projects of the cluster of excellence “Science of Intelligence”, where research prototypes are developed which reproduce specific intelligent behaviors of biological agents in order study underlying principles of intelligence. The aim of the postdoc project is to better understand the advances and limitations of using these prototypes as epistemic objects for scientific knowledge production.
Project start date: October 1, 2019 (an earlier starting date may be possible)
Please visit the website https://www.personalabteilung.tu-berlin.de/menue/jobs/stellenausschreibungen/, which gives you access to the legally binding German version.
Applicants should hold a PhD in Sociology, Philosophy or related fields and should have proven skills/background in following topics:
- Sociology/Philosophy of science and technology
- Concepts and methods of Science and Technology Studies (STS)
- Research experience with conducting expert interviews, participant observation, and/or ethnographic research
- Research experience in applying methods of reconstructive social research, and/or philosophical conceptual analysis
- Research experience in STS research on engineering sciences are an advantage
- Skills in using content analysis software (e.g. MAXQDA, ATLAS.ti) are an advantage
- Background in an engineering science or a natural science is an advantage