Lab Manager, support for synthetic research, salary grade E13 TV-L
The Technische Universität Berlin invites applications for 2 lab manager positions for the Cluster of Excellence Science of Intelligence.
What are the principles of intelligence, shared by all forms of intelligence, whether artificial or biological, whether robot, computer program, human, or animal? And how can we apply these principles to create intelligent technology?
Answering these questions in an ethically responsible way is the principal scientific objective of the Cluster of Excellence Science of Intelligence. The cluster brings together researchers from a variety of analytical and synthetic disciplines – artificial intelligence, machine learning, control, robotics, computer vision, behavioural biology, psychology, educational science, neuroscience, and philosophy – who join forces to create a multi-disciplinary research program across universities and research institutes in Berlin. The interdisciplinary research projects combine analytic and synthetic research and which address key aspects of individual, social, and collective intelligence.
- independent and self-reliant lab management for interdisciplinary scientific experiments with the opportunity to explore new technologies in several scientific disciplines
- expansion of laboratory equipment, procurement and assembly of laboratory equipment, commissioning of new equipment, investment planning
- conceptual development of experimental setups for the study of intelligent behavior in synthetic and biological agents
- independent implementation and evaluation of complex scientific experiments in the context of intelligence research and various disciplines
- network and server administration
- successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering, or a related field
- structured and analytical working method, advanced scientific knowledge, project management experience
- knowledge of the operation and behavior of mobile manipulators, humanoid robots, EEG devices, magnetic resonance tomography, VR setups, motion capture systems, camera systems, compute clusters, networks, data archives, metrology
- experience in device procurement
- IT knowledge (PC software and hardware, computer network)
- excellent software knowledge (Bash / Unix-Shell, Java, PHP, R, Matlab, Scalib)
- experience in software engineering is an advantage
- very good English language skills; German language proficiency is an advantage but not required
Applications should include: motivation letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts of records (for both BSc and MSc), copies of degree certificates (BSc, MSc, PhD if applicable), abstracts of Bachelor-, Master- and (if applicable) PhD-thesis, list of publications and one selected manuscript (if applicable), two names of qualified persons who are willing to provide references, and any documents candidates feel may help us assess their competence.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Closing date: 14.02.2020
The legally binding job advertisement can be found at TU Berlin’s Stellenportal.